Any ability level,
Anyone with HOLIDAY
People Who Want to PARTICIPATE ALONE OR COMPETE AS A TEAM
Getting started is easy.
Once the challenge opens on Black Friday you can begin to log any meters completed according to the rules of the challenge.
After completing any of the 6 approved activity types:
1. Visit www.100kmc.com
2. Click the Athlete Portal / Log Meters button
3. Log in using the user and password you created when registering (or click forgot if you need to reset your password)
4. Once inside the Athlete Portal, click Log Meters Here.
5. Fill out the form as many times as you need to and log as many meters as you can before Christmas!
*Remember: If you win any of the various awards, be prepared to provide proof by attaching screenshots and photos of your workouts right into the Meter Log form.
All questions can go to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email us if you experience any trouble during registration or during the challenge!
Best of luck and we're so glad you're in the Challenge with us!
- Ed Slater and the rest of the 100KMC Team
As listed in the FAQ section.
2. Walking (Daily steps do not count, to log walking meters, you must be exercising with intent)
3. Stair Master
5. Cycling (Spin Bike, Cycling Machines and Road Bike are ok)
7. Airdyne / Assault Bikes
9. Rucking (Weighted Backpack Walking Like this)
10. Ski Erg Machines (For anyone who has no idea what this is... check one out)
It is a community/team based challenge. Have some fun with it. Get a little fitter. Test yourself. This is a marathon, and definitely not a sprint. Consistency and pace will treat you well! At the same time, we support our nonprofit partner Carry The Load.
Anyone can participate. This is a community/team challenge. All challenges are more fun with your buddies to cheer you on or encourage you.
No worries. You can still participate BUT unless you have 10+ people on your team you will not be eligible to participate for the Overall Championship trophy. You can achieve "1st To 100,000 Meters" Award, "Most Meters - Individual" Award and...if you end up with a team of LESS than 10 people, you can still help your team strive for the "Most Meters - Team" Award.
Absolutely! This is what it’s all about. Encourage your company HR departments to set up a company team and get involved. Ask your family and friends, too. Anyone can participate and the more the merrier!
This is a team challenge. It is supposed to be fun with your friends and give you something to do together. A couple of weeks into the challenge, it will be very helpful to have your friends there to encourage you!
At a minimum, everyone in the challenge should shoot for 100,000 meters, in any of the 6 approved activities they prefer.
NO! Just because you get to 100,000 before the challenge period is over does not mean it’s over for you. Keep going! See how far you can go. Your team is counting on you. Every meter counts. Many individuals will go far beyond 100,000 meters... in fact some will do it in the first day(s) of the event.
Your results will be displayed as an individual and as a team.
Individual Awards Include:
- "First To 100,000 Meters - Individual"
- "Most Meters - Individual"
- "Top Male"
- "Top Female"
- "Age Group Winner - Male" (19 and Under, Then 5 Year Age Groups to 75+)
- "Age Group Winner - Female" (19 and Under, Then 5 Year Age Groups to 75+)
Team Awards Include:
- "Largest Team" (by registered team members, no meter logging required)
- "Most Meters - Team"
- "First Team With 10 Members @ 100,000 Meters"
- "Highest Average Meters Logged"
- "Overall Challenge Champion" (Average of the top 10 members on each team)
Rules apply & verification is required to win any award. Read the 100KMC rules HERE.
In short: don't stop working out! The main point is to keep your activity going, the scoring engine can always be adjusted by the 100KMC Help Desk.
If you log something incorrectly, visit the Your Scores page inside the Athlete Portal, scroll down to the Your Meter Log table, scroll to the very far right of the table and click delete on any entry you don't want in your Log.
If you have any scoring questions, please email us at email@example.com. Happy to help!
Award winners in all categories get a recognition across all of the 100KMC media channels, and permanent bragging rights.
An increasing donation, year after year, will be donated to Carry The Load until we hit our goal of a single year, $100,000 donation. Please learn more about them HERE.
The Challenge costs about $1 a day. It's $15 - $35 to register, depending on how early you sign up. During the registration process, there are also fields to submit a direct donations to Carry The Load.