1. Running (If you are walking, then you need to make a serious effort to push it. A fast as possible walking pace would qualify. You have to be exercising with intent, daily steps do not count)
2. Stationary Rowing (Like these made by Concept 2)
3. Stationary Air Bikes (Assault, AireDyne and the new Concept 2 Bike Erg like these are ok... Road Bikes are not eligible)
4. Ski Erg (For anyone who has no idea what this is... check one out)
5. Indoor Swimming (using a lap tracking / lap split feature on a stopwatch or swimming specific watch / counter)
It is a community/team based challenge. Have some fun with it. Get a little fitter. Test yourself. This is a marathon, and definitely not a sprint. Consistency and pace will treat you well! At the same time, we support our nonprofit partner Carry The Load.
Anyone can participate. This is a community/team challenge. All challenges are more fun with your buddies to cheer you on or encourage you.
No worries. You can still participate BUT unless you have 10+ people on your team you will not be eligible to participate for the Overall Championship trophy. You can achieve "1st To 100,000 Meters" Award, "Most Meters - Individual" Award and...if you end up with a team of LESS than 10 people, you can still help your team strive for the "Most Meters - Team" Award.
Absolutely! This is what it’s all about. Encourage your company HR departments to set up a company team and get involved. Ask your family and friends, too. Anyone can participate and the more the merrier!
This is a team challenge. It is supposed to be fun with your friends and give you something to do together. A couple of weeks into the challenge, it will be very helpful to have your friends there to encourage you!
At a minimum, everyone in the challenge should shoot for 100,000 meters, in any of the 5 approved activities they prefer.
NO! Just because you get to 100,000 before the challenge period is over does not mean it’s over for you. Keep going! See how far you can go. Your team is counting on you. Every meter counts. Many individuals will go far beyond 100,000 meters... in fact some will do it in the first day(s) of the event.
Your results will be displayed as an individual and as a team.
Individual Awards Include:
- "First To 100,000 Meters - Individual"
- "Most Meters - Individual"
- "Top Male"
- "Top Female"
- "Age Group Winner - Male" (19 and Under, Then 5 Year Age Groups to 75+)
- "Age Group Winner - Female" (19 and Under, Then 5 Year Age Groups to 75+)
Team Awards Include:
- "Largest Team" (by registered team members, no meter logging required)
- "Most Meters - Team"
- "First Team With 10 Members @ 100,000 Meters"
- "Highest Average Meters Logged"
- "Overall Challenge Champion" (Average of the top 10 members on each team)
Rules apply & verification is required to win any award. Read the 100KMC rules HERE.
Through this website.
1. During registration you will create a user name and password.
2. When the challenge starts, return to this website and click the Athlete Log In button in the menu bar.
3. Log your meters, select which activity type you completed, upload a photo of your watch / phone screenshot / machine display for verification.
Award winners in all categories get a printed certificate, recognition across all of the 100KMC media channels, and permanent bragging rights.
Partner gifts will also be awarded with the best swag going to the top categories.
All net proceeds will be donated to Carry The Load. Please learn more about them HERE.
The Challenge costs less than $1 a day. It's $25 to register. $31 all in if you opt in to cover the transaction and admin fees. There is also a field to submit a direct donation to Carry The Load.
The entry fees will cover event administration, scoring, and promotional costs...Then ALL net proceeds go to Carry The Load.